Sunday, May 31, 2015

A week away from the hospital? Yeah Right!

So today we spent 5 hrs in the ER for Lily having a UTI. I'm not totally surprised that she got one with her Chemo and everything but 5 hrs? Really? UGH! I thought we were going to get a break form going down there! Other than that she has been mostly doing great! She has some nausea on and off and still doesn't have much of an appetite but she will eat some things and is happy and playful. I haven't given her Zofran for a couple days now. We are thinking right now take chemo, give her 3 days and shes manageable :)

I, of course wanted to give the update on Lil, but really I wanted to talk about Lyrics 4 Lily. WOW!!! I am so overwhelmed with the generosity of the people that came to Lils benefit concert on Friday night. Not only was it an amazing show (really we had the best night!!) but everyone who came was so generous and selfless. Before the show even started we got a pretty large donation from someone we honestly dont even know, and getting that just made me cry. I got in the weirdest mood after that because I was watching all these people come in and I was just thinking why are you all here? How could you care about my family? I was feeling pretty overwhelmed. I was planning to give a short speech at the beginning of the show and when it was my turn to speak I got up there and looked down at everyone and I introduced Jake and I as Lily's parents and as soon as I said Lily everyone just started clapping and it was then that I realized, they are here for Lily. I have found a group of people that love Lily so much, without even knowing her, that they have given their lives for the night to come support her and I just got this sense of peace. I knew she was loved but this is what I have been looking for, a community family. Its just so incredible. So I gave my little speech and we started the show and I had an amazing time. I made some new friends, and I know in my heart I will never forget that night. I will never forget how it felt to have everyone supporting my daughter. It just makes me want to fight harder!

Again I cant even say enough how appreciative we are for the generosity and selflessness we have witnessed this past weekend and Jake, and I, want everyone to know that we are just humbled to tears by the way that OUR community has come together and supported us. A special thanks to Griffin House, Illumneye Crew, Dedicated Servers, The Earthlings, Arcturus the Architect, Landon Wordswell, and Mostafa for coming to perform! You all really put on a really great show!

I really had a great night Friday and I hope that we can all hang out again and Ill try to keep everyone updated on Lily.




When I say Lyrics 4, you say Lily,
Lyrics 4
Lily
Lyrics 4
Lily
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment